September 4, 2007

An email I received {and the editing progress of your wedding}

{Please jump to the end of this post if you are wondering where I am in terms of catching up my editing work}.

Recently I received an email from someone I do not know. She saw the photos from her friend's wedding that I shot earlier this year, and she had since been showing my work to the people she knows. She said although she's not yet engaged, but would look forward to have me as her photographer one day.

I am not very good with words, but her email literally made my day, my week, maybe the whole month/year so far. It's almost difficult to re-read her email.

In every wedding I try to look for what's unique, what's different, and what's real among the people. The beauty, the silly, the random {one of my assistants said I really like to use the word random}, the seemingly none sense.

This process stress the heck out of my body and spirit because I am constantly working, even when I am not shooting.

Internal work is more stressful then lugging two cameras, multiple lenses, flashes, accessories, for about 8 hours, or trying to find a parking spot in Manhattan near the church/temple/synagogue/what-have-you before the bride arrives in her ride, or dashing ahead of the bride/groom before they exit that same location of worship after the ceremony, or to run a maze between the many guest's point and shoot cameras flash all going off at the couple...

I think I am most pleased in finding there are people who believe in the beauties in what seemingly "normal" "none-climax" moments.

PS. I am near the end of editing the last wedding from July {yes that's you Erica! Mia, I just finished yours, hold on}, so, August brides, you are next!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go bro, I love your work too and you are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yehhhh, August brides! That's me!

    I don't know who this person is but my bridesmaid also said she wants you to do her wedding someday. (she's not dating anyone right now)

    ReplyDelete
  3. tinyscribbler9/13/2007 6:02 PM

    It's been almost 4 months since our wedding and I look back at the pictures and yet again I am able to re-live the moment with all the emotions. Thanks again for a wonderful job...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.