December 10, 2007

Anita and Keith, August

3 West Club
Manhattan, NY

Anita is a frequent blogger on the wedding site Weddingbee.com. I am pretty amazed at how in depth Anita had been writing up her wedding progress. She also has an amazing eye for design and made a few "bridesmaid letters." She sent me the most most amazing all hand made wedding invitation with beautiful hand-written cover {and her mom sewed the limited-edition covers, I was told}.

Anita and Keith's wedding was held in the immensely huge St Patrick's Cathedral on 5th Ave and 51 st. The church was open to public and the number of tourist on a Saturday was as surreal as its size. It's pretty interesting shooting in a church of this scale. 3 West is a neat place with quite a lot of airy rooms. When you take a balcony or the rooftop you can see St Patrick's at the back.




"I'm getting married!!" to the horror of the hair stylist and mom she bounced up and down


St Patrick's


Bridesmaid, kinda confused


This is Wes of Filmjones.com. Very nice dude and very easy going, and unobtrusive


Keith




The scale...


...is breath taking


Exit


Perky mom


Baby vs camera


Bridesmaid likes lamb chop


Anita taking a quick break


Anita and Keith


Mom working her magic


Lady in red


I don't even remember why they did that


St Patrick's at the back. I put down my flash and forgot about it. A guest found it and came downstairs and gave me back the flash. Phew, good thing I had to stay in the lobby waiting for my assistant {that's a $400 flash, not the most expensive equipment a photographer has to buy, but still, they don't make that model anymore, and the new model is somewhat wacky}

11 comments:

  1. Henry,

    Thank you so much for everything. It was an honor to have you as our photographer. I love the sepia tone and the cell phone picture is when the guys were singing with the band and didn't have lighters to wave back and forth, so they used the light from their cells as "lighters".

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. tinyscribbler12/10/2007 11:11 AM

    I'm a big fan of the Wedding Bee! Beautiful Wedding, Anita!
    Wonderful Job, Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Angela (you are quick!), I just got a xbox360, maybe I can play online with you and your hubby sometime during winter (off season) :D


    Anita, it was a blast :) I was at 3 West last Saturday and they said they've see the photo I shot for you. I guess that's good news since they still open the door for me, hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tinyscribbler12/10/2007 6:47 PM

    Haha! Be ready to be addicted to the xbox!! Let us know when you're ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, we can all swap console numbers/tags and play with one another. Keith has huge game parties of like 8-10 guys and connect them all to our network.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guysm

    You bet! Mine is coming later this week. My January will be quite free after I finished the last few wedding editings (yes almost done, yes...). We'll have a "wedding alliance" or something.

    I can see it now,

    Anita - the Architect
    Angela - the Destroyer

    I havne't play any console in a loooooooooong time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tinyscribbler12/10/2007 9:09 PM

    The Destroyer?? Like GODZILLA?! Cool! What will you be?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. >Cool! What will you be?!

    Me? Henry?

    Henry Shoots, of course :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. tinyscribbler12/11/2007 3:11 AM

    Hahah, Henry shoots...
    I get it.

    I think in Halo 3, you can take screenshots. I'm sure your composition skills will make them fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's what I was about to say - Henry The Shooter!

    Were you at 3 West for another wedding? I never showed them any photo but maybe they saw it through weddingbee. lol

    By the way, next spring, I have to bring you that Basil plant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I would be Keith Kong "the ultimate!"...or something....or not.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.